Friday, April 4, 2008

The List - #21-25

Thank you Chris for your diligent listing efforts. In response to the stirring excitement of this stir into the past, I am posting my favorite video from Chris's list as he releases them--with explanation.

Live -- I Alone



This band comes with a stigma, however, as i know i heard them before the whole 9/11 tragedy; but "lightning crashes" cemented that song with a somewhat notorious degree in my head. Throwing Copper was the first cassette I ever bought with my own money, earned from picking peaches out of the backyard so my dad could mow. What I remember about this song now? the first time i listened to the whole album we were on a family trip to the lake with friends..my brother loved it, my dad loved it, my mom was pissed i had been able to buy an album that had a song called Shit Towne. When i first heard "I Alone," and understood it...i think i was a little freaked. I mean, i was in what, the sixth grade or something. Good, decent song. Can't believe i left that off my initial list for Chris. Thanks Chris for doing all the work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this nostalgia trip as much as I am. It was fun to do and there will definitely be more lists in the future. "Throwing Copper" is great, and you know what? I even sort of liked "Secret Samadhi".

angela said...

let me just take that a bit further and say i even went as far as to buy The Distance to Here...what can i say? i was a little bit of a sucker for "the dolphins cry" or whatever that song was...lord.