Friday, February 22, 2008

Sluurrrppp...

So let's do this: I was tagged by Melissa so here ya go! here are the directions - share five random and/or weird facts about yourself and then share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list, and finally tag five people at the end.

Weird Facts:
1. I am slightly obsessed with surf culture even though you may not get that vibe from me. I got a surfer in the center of my class ring (i put the typical things like the Bible, track shoes, and a basketball in other places) but it was a surfer girl in the center of my class ring. The guy who took seemed at first pissed i mentioned that was what i wanted (thinking it was a joke no doubt) and then laughed so much at me that I got pissed. But yeah, I've always loved the idea of that life, and being in the uncontrollable nature that is all at once the most intimidating and most serene place on the planet. What could be weird about this is i grew up in a small town in Oklahoma and hadn't surfed yet and I am deathly afraid of sharks to the point of a lake reminds me of jaws and I'm out of the water. one day though, i will live by the ocean and do all the things that i feel the ocean can teach me.
2. I know the calorie count of almost everything you put in your mouth and especially i put in my mouth. I just do. it's embedded in my brain like a ticker tape that just keeps going, and going, and going...
3. I hate when people read what I write and yet i want to be a journalist. I just love it because i constantly learn new things and writing is my form of speech--so much so that i once had to send an anonymous letter for a friend (long story) through an email and i could barely do it because the typed New Roman letters looked so much like my "hand writing" i just knew the receiver would know it was me! (it wasn't bad so no worries)
4. I would be perfectly happy living a nomadic lifestyle. the more things i get and don't get the more i realize what makes me happy and that isn't a material thing folks. in short, just let me travel. I'll sleep in the dirt. I've eaten bugs, i know i can hang for a bit no matter where you take me.
5. i love going to the movies by myself and will watch the same film over and over as long as its on the big screen. cinema is a close friend. and i think it likes me too. : )

okay, places to go:
1. Australia--hands down, all over it; the outback, the big city, the swamps. I'm down with the Aussies.
2. paris--because of all the cliched reason people want to see Paris. and i want fret there with me.
3. lake como, italy--okay, it helps that i know george clooney thinks this place is IT. i know he has good taste. and i just cant think of one thing i have seen/heard/imagined about this place that wouldn't make for an immaculate destination point for this little girl; and i'd love to take mi amigos with me please.
4. sri lanka--maybe because it sounds so fantastical to me, maybe because i think of M.I.A., maybe because i just want to see for myself what it is i think about this place...
5. Japan--because i can wear my cowboy boots and be cool as shit and be a part of gwen-mania and see technology and history and culture and i can share tiny space with mucho people and i could leave when i wanted to...

Tag:
herein lies the problem, i am to send to five people when melis is one of my three peeps and she sent this to me and lisa (who is the second of my three peeps) so adam, looks like you have inspiration for your first blog. yea you.

No comments: